The mutterings of a rubber chicken

Monday, January 01, 2007

2007

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



A slack rubber chicken is no sight for sore eyes, believe me. That's me though. Here it is, January 2nd 2007, and I haven't even posted a Happy New Year to the handful of readers of this blog. Handful? Who am I kidding? Okay, to McKay, Sookey, El Cameleon.

Three is a crowd so they say. A crowd!

This photo represents New Year Sydney style. In true Bah Humbug style, I have to say I am so over fireworks. Every year, millions of dollars get spent on the NYE spectacular. I just feel it could be money better spent elsewhere, although many would disagree.

The thing that really bugged me this year relates to the celebration as a family affair. There's a nine pm firework showing for the kids and then a later midnight effort. Understandable that they keep the best for midnight but I have to say that the showing for the kiddies this year was rather pathetic. A torturous trip because of road closures, packed like sardines into trains, for a showing that lasted less than 10 minutes and had nothing really special at all. Most families won't stay around until midnight because little ones just can't hold out that long.

Babycleaningwoman was pretty disappointed on the whole. The midnight showing was better and I admit it does look spectacular on television. Maybe I've just had too much of a good thing.

Next year we'll do something different for New Year. Maybe it won't even be in Sydney. Always hoping.

Anyway, Happy New Year everyone. Hope all your dreams come true in 2007.

4 Comments:

Blogger sookeyjane said...

gee, cw. my mother always said i was a handful....

and happy new year to you and yours :)

4:41 PM

 
Blogger mckay said...

i remember my mom saying if you have even one good friend, you're blessed. :0)

re: NYE...it's over rated all over the globe. i enjoy new year's day so much more.

mck.

p.s welcome to 2007!

9:11 PM

 
Blogger signing as said...

I so agree with you cw, poor baby cw had such hopes..I think all these NYE celebrations go over the top, why celebrate a new year when the world is in crisis, a lot of money that could feed hungry children

2:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I read it too...
umm...

8:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home