The mutterings of a rubber chicken

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Dirty Barry

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Move over Clint Eastwood. There's a new sheriff in town.

Fed up of those troublesome youths in your neighbourhood? Want them moved right along?

Who ya gonna call?

Seems a Sydney suburb has the answer to all your prayers.

For the next six months, a local council has decided to subject the ears of its youth to the entire catalogue of Barry Manilow.

Constant Copacabana and other assorted Barry titles through loudspeakers in car park troublespots is expected to 'kill' the atmosphere and move the youngsters on.

Effective possibly. Humane??? Questionable.

The chief danger of TheCleaningWoman in a carpark is not so much in the loitering and playing up, it's in the parking. Yep. It's tragic. Therefore, it could be in the council's interests to keep this area CleaningWoman free.

Now, personally, I have nothing against Barry (though I hasten to add that my music collection is not that eclectic) so this isn't going to cut it.

So, local council, may I suggest a selection of the following:

My Heart Will go On

Eye of the Tiger

Top of the World

Tie a Yellow Ribbon

Ring my Bell

Like a Virgin

Who let the Dogs Out

Yep, any of those would do it.

What would move you right along?

2 Comments:

Blogger Gregory House, PA-C said...

Just reading the title "Ring my Bell" made me perk up.

8:55 AM

 
Blogger TheCleaningWoman said...

Thanks for the visit. Anyone who leaves a photo of House on my blog is welcome any time :)

5:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home