The mutterings of a rubber chicken

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Where in the world is TCW? (2)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I've been thinking about this city of late.

It's been quite a while since I visited and I wouldn't mind going back sometime soon.

Even if the French are rude to us Brits.

Even if they charge ridiculous prices.

Even if they insist on having wierd toilet habits.

I once saw someone take a dump on the metro platform, calmly wipe and walk away.

Really. First person to say "no s**t!" gets booted.

Extreme behaviour but, even so, I'm not convinced by some of their toilet facilities.

When I was there in the 80s, they'd installed a number of automated toilet units, kind of like a lavatorial Tardis. You'd go in, the door would shut behind you and you'd be cocooned. Piped music, the toilet would autoflush and clean. All very good.

Until you notice the soundtrack is Thriller.

And the soundtrack is sounding a little warped.

And the toilet won't stop flushing.

And the door won't open.

And you're feeling a little claustrophobic.

And you need to get rescued.

Suddenly, the hole in the ground business makes a great deal of sense.

Do I really want to go back?

A pain chocolat and coffee on the bustling Champs Elysee with a background murmur of one of the most beautiful sounding lanuages in the world?

You betcha.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cornish-Pastie said...

I see the rubber chicken is on the move again. Where will they end up next? Only time will tell.

I have another story about toilets. A relation of mine, went to a music festival. It was very late at night and she was desperate for the loo. So, she went and found, one of those disgusting stinky portaloo's. As she was releaving herself, she realised that the lid was still down. Yuck Yuck Yuck, I think she has learnt from this situation and realised look before you sit down.

3:58 AM

 
Blogger signing as said...

Now CW I have a feeling that you and I were together on this one...you being very new romantic at this time and may i mention one name from 2 eric or errrriiiicccc as it came out around about the Moulin Rouge yo no se posible???

2:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home